Big Data Hands-on Workshop @ Houston
Nov 8-9 (Sat-Sun), 2014 @ WHITE SPACE Houston
2914 White Oak Drive, Houston, TX 77007
Advance registration @ bit.ly/bigdutd
Massive amounts of structured and unstructured data is being generated from online user activities on e-commerce and social-media websites. Big Data, as this massive amount of data is called, leads to many challenges:
- How do companies manage and process this massive amount of data?
- How do companies automatically learn hidden trends and patterns in this data?
- How do companies gather actionable intelligence to improve their bottom line?
This workshop will cover tools and techniques that directly address these challenges. This workshop is meant for technical managers and software developers. No advanced knowledge is needed. The workshop will consist of lectures and hand-on practice labs. After attending this workshop you will be able to manage, analyze and learn from Big Data using commonly available tools.
- Storing and processing Big Data: Hadoop, Mapreduce, NoSQL
- Tools and techniques for analyzing Big Data
- Fundamentals of learning from Big Data
- Practical applications of Big Data
- Processing and Analyzing data with Hive and Advanced Hive
This workshop will be conducted by Shrinath Parikh. Mr. Parikh is a UT Dallas Alumnus and works as Sr-Specialist BigData Software Eng. @ AT&T BigData Research Labs.