Student Leadership Programs← Back to Student Leadership Programs
Engaged Leader Certificate
The Engaged Leader Certificate is designed for current or seasoned student leaders who have completed the Exploratory Leader Certificate and are interested in enhancing their leadership skills.
The timeframe to complete the Engaged Leader Certificate is 12 months after your first workshop.
- Complete all requirements to receive certification for the Exploratory Leader Certificate
- Schedule an appointment for a leadership consultation for the Engaged Leader Certificate
- Complete Statement of Intent for the Engaged Leader Certificate through OrgSync: orgsync.com/30633/forms/57724
- View three leadership webinars and submit a reflection at the end of each webinar to receive credit.
- Attend the following L.E.A.D. Workshops:
- Strengths Quest 2.0 (Must complete: Strengths Quest Assessment).
- Goal Setting and Action Planning.
- Conflict Management.
- Mentoring and Empowerment.
- Attend three additional LEAD Workshops of your choice (document participation: to receive credit for attending a L.E.A.D. workshop, please complete the corresponding L.E.A.D. workshop reflection form on OrgSync within 10 days).
- Leadership Conference: Attend Leaders Meet (April 5, 2014) or Leadership Challenge (Sept. 19-20, 2014)
- Leadership Events: Attend two leadership event on campus of your choice.
- Challenge Yourself: Attend one "Out of Your Comfort Zone” experience.
- Community Service: Engage in 15 hours of community service of your choice and document service hours through the co-curricular transcript feature in OrgSync.
- Optional: Track service hours through President's Volunteer Service Award: presidentialserviceawards.gov/s/ut.
- Maintain a co-curricular transcript through the OrgSync portal.
- Once all requirements are completed, please schedule a meeting with the Assistant Director of Student Leadership Programs and submit the following documents for review:
- Completed leadership passport.
- PDF version of your co-curricular transcript.
- 250 word essay reflecting upon certificate experience.
- Please schedule periodic appointments to update your participation and check your progress toward certificate.
Updated: September 2, 2014