Student Leadership Programs← Back to Student Leadership Programs
Engaged Leader Certificate
Engaged Leader Certificate Checklist
Perfect for current or seasoned student leaders who are interested in enhancing their leadership skills.
- Attend a leadership information session or schedule an appointment for a leadership consultation
- Join Student Leadership Program portal on OrgSync: orgsync.com/30633/chapter
- Complete Statement of Intent through OrgSync:orgsync.com/30633/forms/57724
- Attend three leadership webinars:
- Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2013 (6-6:50)
- Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2013 (6-6:50)
- Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2013 (6-6:50)
- Attend the following L.E.A.D. Workshops:
- Setting Effective Goals
- Professional Communications
- Public Speaking Strategies or Problem Solving
- Conflict Management
- Strengths Quest 2.0 (Must Complete: Strengths Quest Assessment.)
- Mentoring and Empowerment
- Attend Leadership Challenge or Leaders Meet
- Attend two leadership events on campus.
- Attend one "Out of Your Confort Zone" Experience.
Complete a reflection in response to your experience.
- Service Hours: Engage in 15 hours of community service of your choice and document service hours through the co-curricular transcript feature in OrgSync.
OPTIONAL: Track your service hours through President's Volunteer Service Awards website: presidentialserviceawards.gov/s/ut
- Create and maintain a co-curricular transcript through the OrgSync portal.
Co-curricular transcript workshop dates:
Thursday, Oct. 24, 2013 (12-12:50 p.m.)
Friday, Nov. 8, 2013 (12-12:50 p.m.)
- Once all requirements are completed, the student will schedule a meeting with the assistant director of Student Leadership Programs to submit their leadership passport, discuss their experience, and review their co-curricular transcript.
Time to complete the Engaged Leader Certificate: 12 months after first workshop.
Updated: October 9, 2013