Student Leadership Programs← Back to Student Leadership Programs
Exploratory Leader Certificate
The Exploratory Leader Certificate is designed for students who are new to UT Dallas or interested in becoming more involved on campus.
The timeframe to complete the Exploratary Leader Certificate is 12 months after your first workshop.
- Attend a leadership certificate information session/schedule an appointment for a leadership consultation.
- Join Student Leadership Program portal on OrgSync: orgsync.com/30633/chapter.
- Complete Statement of Intent through OrgSync: orgsync.com/30633/forms/57724.
- Attend the following L.E.A.D. Workshops:
- Introduction to Strengths Quest (Must complete: Strengths Quest Assessment).
- Personal Mission and Vision.
- Ethics and Integrity in Leadership.
- Leadership and Values.
- Attend three additional LEAD Workshops of your choice (document participation: to receive credit for attending a L.E.A.D. workshop, please complete the corresponding L.E.A.D. workshop reflection form on OrgSync within 10 days).
- Leadership Events: Attend two personal/professional development activities on campus of your choice.
- Cultural Event: Attend 1 cultural event on campus of your choice.
- Service Hours: Engage in 10 hours of community service of your choice and document service hours through the co-curricular transcript feature in OrgSync. Suggested resource: Office of Student Volunteerism.
- Optional: Track service hours through President's Volunteer Service Award: presidentialserviceawards.gov/s/ut.
- Create and maintain a co-curricular transcript through OrgSync. Co-curricular transcript workshop dates:
- Submit a 250 word essay to reflect upon and summarize your experience. Essay to be completed and submitted at the end of the certificate experience.
- Once all requirements are completed, schedule a meeting with the Assistant Director of Student Leadership Programs. Submit the following documents for review:
- Completed leadership passport.
- PDF version of your co-curricular transcript.
- 250 word essay reflecting upon certificate experience.
- Please schedule periodic appointments to update your participation and check your progress toward certificate.
Updated: September 2, 2014