Download Books for eReaders
McDermott Library has subscribed to Overdrive, a service which provides items for a Kindle/Nook eReader, mobile device, tablet, or PC/laptop.
- A UTD student/faculty member/staff can checkout 5 titles at a time for 21 days.
- Each one can have 2 items in their cart at a time—the cart will expire after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- They will have 3 days to “pick up” a requested eBook before it moves to the next requestor on a hold list.
- Five items can be placed on hold at a time.
- One customer can use a book at a time (for 21 days unless it is checked in virtually by the customer) unless we have ordered multiple copies of the book.
- Overdrive does not generate fines.
NOTICE: Apple released iOS 7 and many of our Apple users may have upgraded their device(s) or will be upgrading in the near future.
When an existing OverDrive Media Console (OMC) user upgrades to iOS 7, the app will fail when trying to open a DRM-protected eBook. New or first time users of OMC are unaffected by this issue.
We are resolving the issue but in the meantime, here are immediate remedies for users:
1) Re-authenticate the app with their existing or a new Adobe ID. Refer to the iOS section of this Help article for assistance. (Recommended)
2) Uninstall and re-install OMC which will also require the user to re-authorize with Adobe. IMPORTANT NOTE: A re-install will clear a user's bookshelf, history, and app settings.
We apologize for the inconvenience.