Troubleshooting Electronic Reserves
Tips for Accessing Electronic Reserves Files
- Use one of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome 13 or lower (version 16 is not supported)
- There is no specific support for mobile devices or tablets.
- Cookies must be enabled.
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled.
- Use the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader for pdf files. Download the latest version.
- If you are using Windows XP off campus, there is a built-in firewall that may interfere with electronic reserves. To disable the Internet Connection Firewall:
- Open Start → Settings → Network Connections.
- Click the Dial-up, LAN or High-Speed Internet connection.
- Under Network Tasks sidebar, click Change settings of this connection.
- On the Advanced tab, under Internet Connection Firewall, make sure there is no check in the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet box.
- Running The UT Dallas VPN (Virtual Private Network) on your computer blocks access to all library electronic resources. Log out of VPN before trying to access electronic course reserves.
- Students requiring Optical Character Recognition formatted documents should contact the Reserves Coordinator at 972-883-2587 or email@example.com