TexShare Card ProgramA Library Resource Sharing Program Of Texas
What is the TexShare Card Program?
- TexShare provides leadership and support for the development and use of a statewide library card.
- The TexShare Card Program allows registered users of participating TexShare libraries to have direct, personal access to library materials not available at their local public or academic libraries.
- Many Texas public libraries, colleges, community colleges, and universities both public and private - participate in the Card Program.
- TexShare libraries adopt a common goal of promoting and facilitating access to information, communication, and scholarly research among their communities.
- Learn more
- Register for and receive a TexShare Card from your home library.
- Consult the TexShare web site to see the list of libraries which participate in the Card Program and the specific lending policies of the library you wish to visit.
- Present your TexShare card at the reciprocating library's circulation desk to activate your checkout privileges. You may be required to show a photo I.D.
- Select the books you wish to borrow and check them out at the circulation desk. Remember that fees will be assessed for lost, late, or damaged materials.
- When you're finished with the materials, return them to the lending library either in person or by firstclass mail.