Perry, Dewhurst and Senate Aides Confer with UT Dallas Officials
Feb. 26, 2008
|From left (foreground): David Young, David Duran, Marisha Negovetich, Andrea Sheridan, UT Dallas President David Daniel; UT Dallas Vice President Amanda Rockow; and (backround) Daniel Harper.|
On Feb. 20, UT Dallas hosted five key Austin staff members from the offices of the governor, lieutenant governor, and the Senate Finance Committee for a day of briefings, tours and a visit with students.
President David Daniel spoke with the guests about the University’s growth plans and mission to become a top-tier research university.
The group from Austin included:
- David Duran, budget analyst for Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst.
- Daniel Harper, budget analyst for the Senate Finance Committee.
- Marisha Negovetich, higher education policy analyst for Gov. Rick Perry.
- Andrea Sheridan, higher education policy analyst for Lt. Gov. Dewhurst.
- David Young, senior policy analyst for Gov. Perry.
The group also discussed the Center for BrainHealth with Dr. Sandra B. Chapman, executive director; and the Center for Interactive Arts and Engineering with Dr. Tom Linehan, director.
The visitors also spent time with a small group of UT Dallas students to hear their interests regarding the University’s initiatives and future.
Media contact: Office of Media Relations, UT Dallas, (972) 883-2155