Event to Offer Free Med School Plan Checkups
Application Seminar, Mock Admissions Panels on the Bill for Symposium
March 21, 2008
The Health Professions Advising Center plans a medical school symposium with mock admissions committees on Wednesday, March 26.
The event is 3:30 to 9 p.m. in the Galaxy Room.
In addition to the mock admissions committee exercise, students can take part in an application seminar, admissions information and sessions and information fair. There will also be information on preparation for taking the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) and a question and answer panel discussion.
Medical school officials attending will include:
- James Wagner, M.D. and Angela Mihalik, M.D., associate deans, UT Southwestern Medical School.
- David Jones, Ph.D., associate dean, UT San Antonio Medical School.
- Filomeno Maldonado, assistant dean, Texas A&M School of Medicine.
- Mike Kennedy, admissions, UNT-Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Carolyn Mack, admissions, Texas Tech El Paso Medical School.
- Budge Mabry, director, Texas Medical & Dental Schools Application Service.
Representatives will also be present from Parkland Memorial Hospital Volunteer Services, Presbyterian Hospital Scribe Program, Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions, The Princeton Review and Exam Krackers Test Prep.