International Week to Take UT Dallas on World Tour
Events to Celebrate Rich Cultural Diversity of University's Student Body
March 21, 2008
With events ranging from lectures to dance parties, UT Dallas will celebrate its more than 2,000 international students and the rich cultural diversity they bring to campus in the upcoming International Week 2008.
The International Student Services Office is the sponsor. Festivities get under way March 31 at various campus locations and continue through April 4.
Passport to the World on Monday, March 31, showcases a wide array of culture through food, music and more.
Thursday’s International Talent Show will feature Indian classical dances, Irish musical performances and more from cultures around the globe.
The full schedule is as follows:
- Passport to the World, Monday, March 31, 12 noon to 2 p.m., Student Union Galaxy Rooms (SU 2.602).
- Implications for Future U.S.-Mexico Health Care, Dr. Rita Lepe, M.D., Monday, March 31, 7 p.m., Jonsson (JO 4.614).
- Study Abroad Informational Table, Tuesday, April 1, 10:30 a.m. - 2 p.m., Student Union.
- Henna by Sumaiya, Wednesday, April 2, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., McDermott Library (MC 1.206).
- International Potluck Dinner with Residential Life, Wednesday, April 2, 7 p.m., Phase 8 Clubhouse.
- Talent Show, Thursday, April 3, 7 - 9 p.m., Conference Center.
- World Beat Dance Party, Thursday, April 3, 9:30 - 11:30 p.m., Conference Center.
- International Dance Library Display, March 24 through April 4, McDermott Library.
All UT Dallas students, faculty and staff are welcome to attend International Week events. We hope you will join us in celebrating and acknowledging UTD’s international students and scholars by joining us in celebrating International Week 2008.