Seminar to Explore Enhancing Brain’s Potential
April 22, 2008
Neuroscientists, clinicians, physicians and local business people will discuss the new medical frontier of brain science at a seminar presented by the UT Dallas Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the School of Management.
The seminar, titled “Enhancing the Potential of the Human Mind: Science or Science Fiction?” will take place at the UT Dallas Center for BrainHealth on Friday, April 25, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- A Unique Approach to Brain Health Research.
- Brain Imaging: A Window into the Mind.
- The Business Brain: How Do We Learn, Reason and Make Decisions?
- Brain Science in the Business World.
- Enhancing Brain Performance: The Tricks of the Trade.
More discoveries about the human brain have been made in the last five years than in the previous 100 years. Experts from the Center for BrainHealth, part of the School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences, will share their insights into the latest advances in technology and breakthrough research and treatment for the brain.
- Dr. John Hart, medical science director of the Center for BrainHealth.
- Dr. Sandra Chapman, executive director of the Center for BrainHealth.
- Dr. Denise Park, T. Boone Pickens Distinguished Chair in Clinical Brain Science.
- Dr. Bart Rypma, associate professor in the School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences.
- Dr. G. Reid Lyon, distinguished research scholar at the Center for BrainHealth.
- Tom Hill, director of EDS’ Fellows and Distinguished Engineering Programs.
- Dan Owen, founder of Yo Yo Brain.
- Dennis Berman, CEO of Trivac Inc.
This forum is part of the Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship’s Research and New Venture Showcase, which presents cutting-edge science developed at UT Dallas.
All UT Dallas students, faculty and staff are welcome to attend, with free admission. The seminar is also open to the public. Registration is $95 and must be done in advance. The price includes lunch and a networking reception. Visit the IIE Web site for a complete schedule and registration information.