Six UT Dallas Staff Members Earn CARE Awards
May 31, 2008
UT Dallas has recognized six staff employees for their superior performance with CARE Awards in a presentation by President David E. Daniel.
The award, which stands for Celebrate Achievement Reward Excellence, honors staff members who have demonstrated superior performance, offered outstanding customer service and enhanced the university’s image with their work.
Among the honorees was David Maldonado, a two-time winner of the CARE Awards. Maldonado is director of Payroll Services and also organizes the university’s free annual flu shots for staff members.
“Dave is one of the unsung heroes of UT Dallas,” said Larry Wilson, assistance vice president of Human Resources.
The awards are given twice a year to six employees. They are nominated by fellow staff members, faculty members, visitors and patrons of the university.
“We don’t say thank you often enough,” Dr. Daniel said in presenting the awards. “It’s a chance for us to express our sincere appreciation.”
The Spring 2008 CARE Award winners are:
- Janet Carden – Administrative Services Officer in the School of General Studies.
- Serenity King – Information Services Coordinator for the Office of Academic Affairs and Office of the Provost..
- Jerri Lipple – Administrative Services Officer in the School of Arts and Humanities.
- David Maldonado – Director of Payroll Services in Human Resources Management.
- Leah Nall – Academic Adviser in the School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences.
- Enedina Rodriguez – Administrative Assistant for the Nanotechnology Institute / School of Natural Sciences & Mathematics.
Media contact: Office of Media Relations, UT Dallas, (972) 883-2155, [email protected]