University Spruces Up Facilities Over Summer Break
Aug. 22, 2008
While most students were away for the summer, UT Dallas construction crews kept busy.
Returning students will notice a number of improvements to UT Dallas facilities.
Following is an update of University-managed work that has been finished or almost completed:
|The new “scoops” at the Central Energy Plant|
- Replacement of exterior “scoops” on the Central Energy Plant.
- Renovation of the Founders West Annex for Geosciences.
- Renovation of the Cecil and Ida Green Center for the Undergraduate Studies Dean’s Office.
- Construction of a Housing Maintenance Building at the University Village Apartments.
- Addition of picnic tables and planters outside the Cecil and Ida Green Center.
- Installation of park benches at DART shuttle stops along Rutford Avenue.
August Completion Dates:
- Renovation of Callier Center (south) conference room.
- Two new classrooms at the Waterview Science and Technology Center.
- The GEMS Success Center project at the Conference Center.
Media Contact: Office of Media Relations, UT Dallas, (972) 883-2155, email@example.com