Career Month to Help Students Chart Paths to Future
The Career Center plans seminars and information sessions to encourage students to explore options for the future as part of UT Dallas’ observance of National Career Development Month.
The observance starts Monday, Nov. 3, with Internship Week and continues with more events the following week. Many of the events are in the Student Union, but check the Career Center site for specifics.
The schedule includes:
- Nov. 3-6 – Employer internship program information tables in the Student Union.
- Nov. 5-6 – Résumés and interviewing for the internship search seminars.
- Nov. 5 – Internship program participants share experiences at the student intern panel.
- Nov. 6 – Intern supervisors advise on interning in the “real world of work.”
- Nov. 7 – Planned field trips to the JC Penney home office in Plano and the Dallas County Juvenile Department in Dallas.
- Lunchtime sessions of “Meet the Recruiters.”
- Nov. 10 – Pharmaceutical sales.
- Nov. 11 – Arts & Humanities.
- Nov. 12 – Careers in Media.
- Nov. 13 – Careers in Non-Profit.
- Nov. 17 – New Career-Related Seminars: “Employment 101: Work Ready?” and “Workplace Communication 101.”
More information about all upcoming events can be found on the Career Center Web site.
Media Contact: Office of Media Relations, UT Dallas, (972) 883-2155, email@example.com