New Advisers to Bring Wealth of Expertise to EPPS
Jan. 23, 2009
The UT Dallas School of Economic Political and Policy Sciences (EPPS) has named five community leaders to its 2008-2009 Advisory Board.
The advisory board is responsible for assisting in cultivating relationships with area businesses, foundations and individuals who will identify with and support EPPS’ mission and programs. They will also work to raise awareness about EPPS as it strives to support the University’s strategic plan.
“A strong, active advisory board can open many doors in the community for EPPS and I am heartened that so many people, in such important positions, want to help us at UT Dallas succeed,” said Tricia Barnett, EPPS’ chief development officer.
The new members were chosen for their public profile, as well as their interests and expertise. Collectively, they have a wealth of experience in EPPS’ areas of study. Each new member will serve for a minimum of a three-year term, with the option to be reappointed for an additional three years.
The new 2008-2009 EPPS advisory board members are:
- Jan H. Black – President, Dallas Regional Chamber.
- Paul Coggins – Principal, Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Jim Oberwetter – President-elect, Dallas Regional Chamber.
- Daniel S. Petty – President, North Texas Commission.
- Harvey Rosenblum – Executive Vice President and Director of Research, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
The board will hold its first meeting in the spring. Officers will be elected at that time.