News Anchor to Headline Women’s Leadership Event
Feb. 17, 2009
Television news anchor Tracy Kornet headlines this year’s Women’s Leadership Conference, set for Friday, Feb. 20.
The all-day program will explore such topics as healthy lifestyles, self-esteem and work-life balance. Students will also get a chance to discuss female leadership issues with peers from UT Dallas as well as other area universities.
The program is scheduled to begin at 9:30 a.m. in the Student Union Galaxy Rooms.
Kornet joined TXA 21 and CBS 11 from KNXV-TV, the ABC affiliate in Phoenix, where she was a morning anchor and host.
A four-time Emmy Award recipient, she previously co-hosted ABC’s The View and has appeared on Good Morning America. She holds a degree in communications from the University of Kentucky.
Also scheduled to share their thoughts in discussions during the daylong event are Susan Sugerman, president and co-founder of Girls to Women Health and Wellness; Delores Elder-Jones, director of Community Outreach at Richland College; and Shaunna F. Black, CEO of Shaunna Black Consulting.
The conference also will feature panelists from offices throughout the University, including:
- Kim Aaron, director of the Institute of Public Affairs and a clinical assistant professor in the public affairs program.
- Anne Caldwell, assistant director of international programs in International Student Services.
- Cristen Casey, director of International Student Services.
- Sarah Feuerbacher, a lecturer for the School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences.
- Cristen Hixson, director of Student Media.
- Amy L. Troutman, senior lecturer and assistant director of the accounting and information management programs in the School of Management.
The Women’s Leadership Conference is sponsored by Student Life. Last year’s event attracted more than 300 students, faculty and staff. The event is free for UT Dallas students and $15 for all others.