UT Dallas Recognizes Contributions from 6 Staffers
March 23, 2009
UT Dallas has recognized six staff employees with CARE Awards.
The award, short for “Celebrate Achievement – Reward Excellence,” honors staff members who demonstrate superior performance, offer outstanding customer service and enhance the University’s image with their work.
“Great institutions are made by people,” Dr. Daniel said in presenting the awards. “These honorees are not only skilled individuals, but good people.”
Dr. Daniel presented each recipient with a clock and certificate.
Among the honorees was Janet Collins, who singlehandedly advised the entire student body of the School of Interdisciplinary Studies when the school lost two advisers in a two-month period.
Also among the honorees was Mary Jo Rex, who has worked more than 24 years in the School of Arts and Humanities.
The CARE Awards are administered by the Staff Council and are presented twice a year to six employees. Nominations are submitted by fellow staff members, faculty members, visitors and patrons of the University.
The complete list of honorees was:
- Karen Baynham – career services coordinator, UT Dallas Career Center.
- Kristen Blakely – coordinator of special programs, Office of Academic Affairs and Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost..
- Janet H. Collins – academic adviser, School of Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Susan S. Kutchi – librarian, McDermott Library.
- Pamela M. McElrath – student development specialist, Residential Life Office.
- Mary Jo Rex – academic adviser, School of Arts and Humanities.
Media Contacts: Taylor Buttler, UT Dallas, (972) 883-2155
or the Office of Media Relations, UT Dallas, (972) 883-2155, firstname.lastname@example.org