Nominations Sought for Student Leader Awards
March 27, 2009
The Student Organization Forum is accepting nominations for the student leaders and organizations that have worked the most tirelessly this academic year to promote student life at UT Dallas.
Submissions for Student Leader Awards are being accepted until 5 p.m. March 31 in the following:
- Community Service — recognizing the dedication a student has shown in giving back to the community.
- Service to Student Life — recognizing the student who has gone above and beyond the call of duty to improve the quality of student life at UT Dallas.
- Student Organization Leader of the Year — recognizing the outstanding leadership abilities and contributions of a student leader to their particular organization.
- Student Organization of the Year — recognizing the student organization that has shown outstanding achievement in campus involvement and community service and their contributions to the university leave a lasting legacy.
- Student Leader of the Year — recognizing the best of student leadership at UT Dallas.
- The Golden Comet — recognizing the most outstanding sponsored student organization.
In addition, an award for Organization Adviser of the Year will honor an adviser who has demonstrated outstanding service to an organization.
Awards will be presented at the annual Student Leader Awards Reception on Monday, April 20, in the Galaxy Rooms in the Student Union.
The Student Organization Forum is the official representative body of registered student organizations on campus. The forum oversees the allocation of funds to student organizations, encourages and promotes participation in University activities, provides leadership development and promotes growth opportunities to student organization members.
More Information: Jonathan “GNO” White, Student Life Programs, UT Dallas, ( 972) 883-6223
Media Contact: Office of Media Relations, UT Dallas, (972) 883-2155, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last year's Student Leader Award winners.
Nominations Accepted Until March 31
Nominations are due at 5 p.m. Tuesday, March 31. Late nominations will not be accepted. Completed nomination forms can be returned to the Office of Student Development (SU 2.604) or the Center for Student Involvement (SU2.506).