Paul J. MacAlevey, Ph.D.
Education and Professional Affiliations
B.Sc. Mathematical Physics, University College Dublin, Ireland
M.Sc. Mathematical Sciences, University College Dublin, Ireland
P.G.C.E. (Education Certificate), Queen’s University Belfast, Ireland
M.S Physics, University of Texas at Dallas
Ph.D. Physics, University of Texas at Dallas
Member of the scientific society Sigma Xi
Dr. MacAlevey’s principal activity at UTD is teaching. Research interests focus on gravitational radiation.
- “Pure gravitational radiation with twisting rays in the linear approximation (2005) To be published in the Journal of Mathematical Physics
- “Laboratory Experiments in Electromagnetism” (2004) used by the University of Texas at Dallas
- “Approximate Solutions of types (3,1) and (4)” (2002) in the journal International Journal of Modern Physics A, Vol. 17, No. 20, pp. 2733-2734 written with Ivor Robinson, Phillip Downes and Bogdan Nita.
- “Approximate solutions of Einstein’s vacuum field equations in the type N, twisting and diverging case” (1999) in the journal “Classical and Quantum Gravity” Vol 16 p2259f
- “Laboratory Manual for Freshman Physics” (1999) used by the University of Texas at Dallas
- “An invariant of type N spaces” (1998) in the journal “Classical and Quantum Gravity” Vol 15 p3935f written with Prof. Ivor Robinson
- Updated: October 12, 2011