Advisory Council for International Education
The Advisory Council on International Education (ACIE) was approved by the UT System Board of Regents on November 13, 2008. Its creation responds to the growth and scope of the Office of International Education (OIE) Agenda, especially in the last five years, including the collaboration with more than 70 international institutions and an increasing trend of international mobility during this period.
Mission: to provide leadership and advising for strengthening and enriching the development and execution of the OIE agenda.
- To review the OIE annual report.
- To advise in areas of OIE specialization and/or leadership.
- To evaluate the design and implementation of OIE protocols to ensure the legitimacy and safety of international education programs.
- To ensure the safeguards are in place for faculty, staff, and students traveling abroad, especially for destinations with U.S. State Department Travel Warnings
OIE Advisory Council
- Brian J.L. Berry, Endowed Professorship.
- Jennifer Holmes, Associate Program Head, International Political Economy Program, ACIE Chair.
- Cristen Casey, Director, Office of International Student's Services, ACIE Chair Elect.
- Rodolfo Hernandez Guerrero, Director, Office of International Education (ex officio), ACIE Secretary.
- David E. Daniel, President (ex officio).
- Bruce Gnade, Vice President of Research.
- Susan Rogers, Vice President of Communications.
- Andrew Blanchard, Dean of Undergraduate Studies, ACIE Vice Chair.
- Habte Woldu, Naveen Jindal School of Management, Global Education.