Foreign Travel

Institutional Approval for Foreign Travel

Faculty and staff traveling abroad on behalf of The University of Texas at Dallas are required to obtain institutional authorization at least two weeks before departure.  

To request approval:

  1. Download and fill out the following forms and submit them to your supervisor for approval.
  2. Route the packet with all three original forms to the Research Compliance Office at AD15.
  3. The Research Compliance Office will route the packet to the Risk and Safety Office at SSB34.
  4. The Risk and Safety Office will route the packet for final approval to the corresponding Dean or Vice President.
  5. The Office of the Dean or Vice President will route the packet to the Procurement Office at AD34.

To prepare for travel:

  1. Register your trip with International SOS (ISOS) and print your ISOS card.  Registration of your trip with ISOS is a UT System requirement. If you used the University Contracted Travel Agencies, your trip details are automatically registered with ISOS. If you used a different travel agency, register your trip manually with ISOS. 
  2. ISOS is UT Dallas emergency provider for UT Dallas authorized travels. ISOS is not medical insurance.

  3. For inquires on how export control regulations can affect faculty or staff international travel, visit the Office of Research Integrity web site or contact the Office of Research Compliance at (972) 883-4579 or 883-4718.