Incoming International Exchange Scholar
Thank you for your interest in participating as an exchange scholar at The University of Texas at Dallas (UT Dallas). UT Dallas is a research-oriented university with emphasis on interdisciplinary and applied programs with a growing international population.
Nomination and Application
Your home institution is required to recommend you as an exchange student to the UT Dallas Education Abroad office at EducationAbroad@utdallas.edu.
Nomination deadline: Spring 2015 – September 15, 2014
International exchange students coming to UT Dallas are required to complete admissions application and submit required documents.
Follow these instructions for a successful application process:
- Complete the UT Dallas Exchange Application, and email it to EducationAbroad@utdallas.edu.
- You are not required to submit an essay.
- For undergraduate students, if your participation in the exchange program requires your enrollment for two consecutive semesters, you need to take the THEA exam. This exam is mandatory for undergraduate exchange students attending for more than one semester. You can take the examination upon your arrival to UT Dallas. For more information about this examination, please visit the following site : http://oue.utdallas.edu/undergraduate-advising/the-texas-success-initiative/.
- For more information regarding your admission, visit the ISSO webpage Admission to UT Dallas.
Once your admission is approved, your file is transferred to the International Student Services Office (ISSO). This office will contact you for more documentation that is required to issue your immigration papers needed for your student visa.
- Keep in mind that you are required to submit a "financial affidavit" to confirm your financial resources for living expenses, books, and health insurance during the length of the exchange program.
- You will be responsible for any immigration fee, including the International Orientation Fee.
- Other requirements are listed on the Checklist of important assignments you must complete as you prepare to register for classes.
Registration and Transfer of Credits
Undergraduate exchange students must to register for at least 12 credit hours during the Fall or Spring semester. Graduate exchange students must to register for at least 9 credit hours during the Fall or Spring semester.
Upon completion of your program at UT Dallas, you will need to request to the Office of the Registrar your transcripts to be sent to your home institution prior to your departure. In order to request your transcripts, ensure your UT Dallas account is in zero balance. For more information, please visit the Office of the Registrar’s web site: http://www.utdallas.edu/registrar/transcripts/.
Please keep in mind that the exchange mobility between UT Dallas and your home institution may require specific components for final approval. Consult your home institution or the UT Dallas Education Abroad office for further information.
The University of Texas at Dallas
Phone: 972 883-4715