Welcome to the Project Management Office!
The Project Management Office (PMO) is part of the Office of Information Technology (OIT) at The University of Texas at Dallas.
The PMO mission is to align services with business needs, provide a framework for quality and performance measurements, and provide a structure to manage projects and meet strategic goals, while promoting adherence to state guidelines regarding project management methodology.
- Develop a campus-wide methodology utilizing national standards for defining project initiation, selection, and prioritization to align technology-related projects with UTD strategic objectives.
- Develop a methodology utilizing national standards and the DIR Project Delivery Framework for planning and tracking technology-related projects to ensure the achievement of the goals and objectives with the planned timeframe, scope, and budget.
- Develop a methodology to inform project team members, stakeholders, steering committee members and project sponsors of the status of initiatives being tracked by the PMO.
- Utilize a governance structure for technology-related projects to standardize the initiation, selection and prioritization of each project to ensure that appropriate technology projects are selected and that financial and people resources are properly aligned for implementation and on-going support.
- Facilitate communication to relevant stakeholders concerning future initiatives to boost technology reuse and reduce redundant efforts concerning similar processes across campus.
- Foster communication among project team members, project stakeholders, and across departments to ensure successful completion of each phase of the project lifecycle.
- Incorporate a Lessons Learned Library showcasing previous projects to give project managers access to valuable resource information on projects of similar size and complexity.