The Office of Information Technology has announced an initiative to upgrade the NetID system in March (spring break). The upgrade is geared to bring simplified user experience.
Users of the NetID system have experienced challenges with self-service for password management involving required calls to the helpdesk for password resets. By upgrading the NetID system, users will experience:
- Improved self-service features including out-of-band authorization, available 24x7
- Password changes take effect immediately
- Less likely to get accidentally locked out
- Less frequent password expirations
- No more sponsorship renewal for current employees
The transition from the old to new NetID system will commence March 11th. There will be reduced functionality of the NetID system experienced during this transition. Stay tuned for more information on the transition period and the NetID services that will be impacted.