Becoming a Student Ambassador
The Student Ambassador Program is a select group of student volunteers dedicated to supporting, promoting and representing
UT Dallas. The Student Ambassador program is sponsored by the Office of the President.
The Student Ambassador Program is comprised of students who demonstrate leadership and academic excellence. All applicants must have attended UT Dallas for one semester prior to application, be a full time student, and must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
1. Become knowledgeable about UT Dallas history, personnel, programs and facilities
2. Serve at University functions hosted by the Offices of the President and Vice Presidents
3. Serve at scheduled events such as Commencement and Freshman Convocation
4. Organize the annual Oozeball tournament
5. Lead the Class Challenge class gift program each year
And much, much more
All Ambassadors have an opportunity to be considered as delegates to conferences to meet with similar groups from other universities. Student Ambassadors meet the first Friday of each month from 4 - 6 p.m. These meetings are mandatory for all Ambassadors. In addition, each Ambassador is required to help with a minimum of 3 events per semester for a total of at least 10 hours.
Student Ambassador Recruitment
Thank you for your interest in the Student Ambassador program. We accept applications and recommendations for new Student Ambassadors each spring. Click on the "apply now" link below to fill out your application for the 2015-2016 year.
Student Ambassador Application Process:
- Attend an optional interest session. These will be held:
- Thursday, February 19, 2015 from 5 - 6 p.m. in the Student Union Phoenix Room
- Monday, March 2, 2015 from 9 - 10 p.m. in the Student Union Gemini Room --> March 2 is the new date to make up for the missed interest session previously scheduled for Feb. 23. Note the new location: Gemini Room
- Submit your application using the "apply now" link below. A completed application requires two letters of recommendation. At least one of your recommenders must be a current faculty or staff member at UT Dallas. The other can be a faculty or staff member, but can also be a member of the public. You will need to send the recommendation form to your recommenders. The application form is due by Wednesday, March 4, 2015. Letters of recommendation are due by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 11, 2015. --> Due to the
University being closed for 2 ice days in late February, we've moved the application deadline to Wednesday, March 4 from Monday, March 2.
- After your application is complete and both of your letters of recommendation have been received, you will receive an email at the email address you provide on your application inviting you to attend a Meet & Greet, where you will meet current Ambassadors and learn more about the organization. Every applicant must attend one Meet & Greet. There will be three Meet & Greets:
- Wednesday, March 25, 2015 from 6 - 8 p.m. in the McDermott Suite, located on the 4th floor of McDermott Library
- Thursday, March 26, 2015 from 8 - 10 p.m. in the McDermott Suite, located on the 4th floor of McDermott Library
- Friday, March 27, 2015 from 4 - 6 p.m. in the McDermott Suite, located on the 4th floor of McDermott Library
- Following the Meet & Greets, selected applicants will be invited for an interview. A panel of UT Dallas alumni, staff, volunteers, and a current Ambassador will interview you. Please save the date: Interviews will be conducted on Friday, April 17, 2015. You will be notified in advance if you are selected for an interview.
- All applicants who interview will be notified as to the panel's decision on Monday, April 20, 2015.
Updated: February 25, 2015