Becoming a Student Ambassador
The Student Ambassador Program is a select group of students dedicated to supporting, promoting and representing UT Dallas. The Student Ambassador program is sponsored by the Office of the President.
The Student Ambassador Program is comprised of students who demonstrate leadership and academic excellence. All applicants must have attended UT Dallas for one semester prior to application, be a full time student, and must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
1. Become knowledgeable about UT Dallas history, personnel, programs and facilities
2. Serve at University functions hosted by the Offices of the President and Vice Presidents
3. Serve at scheduled events such as Commencement and Freshman Convocation
4. Organize the annual Oozeball tournament
5. Lead the Class Challenge class gift program each year
And much, much more
All Ambassadors have an opportunity to be considered as delegates to conferences to meet with similar groups from other universities. Student Ambassadors meet the first Friday of each month from 4 - 6 p.m. These meetings are mandatory for all Ambassadors. In addition, each Ambassador is required to help with a minimum of 3 events per semester for a total of at least 10 hours.
Student Ambassador Recruitment
Thank you for your interest in the Student Ambassador program. We accept applications and recommendations for new Student Ambassadors each spring. The deadline to apply for the 2013-2014 academic year was March 8, 2013. Applications will be accepted for the 2014-2015 academic year in spring 2014.
Student Ambassador Application Process:
- Attend an optional interest session. Dates, times and locations are listed below.
- Complete your application by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 8, 2013.
- Request two recommendations using the online recommendation form. At least one of your recommenders must be a current faculty or staff member at UT Dallas. The other can be a faculty or staff member, but can also be a member of the public. Letters of recommendation are due Monday, March 18, 2013 by 5 p.m.
- After your application packet is complete, you will receive an email at the email address you provide on your application inviting you to attend a Meet & Greet, where you will meet current Ambassadors and learn more about the organization. Every applicant must attend one Meet & Greet. There will be three Meet & Greets:
- Wednesday, March 27 from 6 - 8 p.m., location will be emailed when your packet is complete.
- Thursday, March 28 from 8 - 10 p.m., location will be emailed when your packet is complete.
- Friday, March 29 from 3 - 5 p.m., location will be emailed when your packet is complete.
- Following the Meet & Greets, selected applicants will be invited for an interview. A panel of UT Dallas alumni, staff, volunteers, and a current Ambassador will interview you. Please save the date: Interviews will be conducted on Friday, April 12, 2013. You will be notified on Monday, April 1, 2013 via email if you are selected for an interview.
- All applicants who interview will be notified as to the panel's decision on Wednesday, April 17, 2013.
Anyone interested in learning more about the Student Ambassadors is encouraged to attend a "come and go" interest sessions. The spring 2013 interest sessions were held:
- Thursday, February 28, 2013 from 3 - 5 p.m. in the Student Union Galaxy Room A
- Monday, March 4, 2013 from 6 - 8 p.m. in the Student Union Libra Room
- Tuesday, March 5, 2013 from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. in the Student Union Libra Room
- Wednesday, March 6, 2013 from 5 - 7 p.m. in the Residence Hall South Classroom
Updated: March 12, 2013