Mark Your Calendars
Org Sync Training
Need help getting familiar with Org Sync? Contact Tineil Lewis to set up a training session.
What is OrgSync?
OrgSync is a web application that allows students to join, organize, manage and communicate with student organizations and their members. Once you get the hang of it, it may even resemble a “Facebook” atmosphere strictly for student organizations.
OrgSync also means less paperwork. Forms commonly used by student organizations will be available online through OrgSync.
Why is OrgSync Beneficial To You?
OrgSync encourages student involvement and awareness by making it easier to find registered UT Dallas student organizations and communicate with their members.
For registered UT Dallas student organizations
OrgSync houses all necessary materials regarding student organizations in one space. Since communication is key in handling day to day organization business, Orgsync helps to ease communication between organization members and increases efficiency. Within OrgSync, members of a student organization may keep a log of past officers for reference purposes, post pictures, complete organization surveys, announce meeting schedules, post event information and more.
Improved Communication through email, shared calendars, contact books, news, discussion boards, shared pictures and files, and Facebook Connect.
Better Organization through event and meeting tracking, distributed news and to-do lists, paperless forms, membership rosters, community service log, and co-curricular transcripts.
Increased Efficiency by streamlining the inner-workings of your organization with a “one-stop shop” for organizational needs such as commonly used forms
How Do I Get Started?
How to create an Orgsync account
- Login to OrgSync at www.utdallas.edu/orgsync/login with your UTD net id and password
- Complete the basic profile information
- You will automatically be placed in the University group: Comets
- Comets allows you to have access to upcoming events and student organization information
To Search for current student organizations
- At the top of the page click “Organization” and Click add “Organization-Search Your Community”
- You can search for an organization by name, category, or key word
- You can click on the name of a student organization to learn more about their mission/purpose
- If you are interested in the organization click “Join Now”.
- Once the join box is open click “Don’t know password”
- Enter in a reason why you are requesting to join this organization. Click “Submit Request”
- You may also want to send the president of the organization an email stating that you have requested to join the OrgSync group.
Find and join organizations easily
Join any of the 130+ student organization at UT Dallas with the click of a button.
Everything in one place
|Connect OrgSync with Facebook to interact with your friends and to share information on Facebook through your Wall and friends' News Feeds. OrgSync will also automatically post recent activity back to Facebook.|
Other Key Features
- Contact Books — Organizations can keep a history of past officers, guest speakers, and other important contacts.
- Co-Curricular Transcripts — Create an official document of all of your extra-curricular collegiate activities that can be used with a resume.
- Time sheets — Track of your service hours within your student organization using time sheet feature.
- Orientation — The mandatory Student Organization Forum orientation is now online.
Updated: October 16, 2012