Hours of Enforcement
- Grace Period:
- A grace period is available at the beginning of each semester to allow students time to buy parking permits. The grace period starts the first day of class and ends on Census Day. Open parking during the grace period is only available in the Remote and Green parking areas. Vehicles in housing, visitor, gold, orange, purple, and reserved parking areas must display a valid UT Dallas decal permit at all times when parked on campus. Metered parking is enforceable at all times during the posted hours.
- Parking regulations are enforced at the following campus facilities and areas 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- Fire lanes
- Handicap parking spaces
- Loading docks and service zones
- Purple and Orange parking spaces
- Parking meters
- Grass and all other prohibited areas for parking
- Parking is enforced in Gold, Green, Remote and Visitor parking spaces:
- Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Saturday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Housing lots require a Housing permit or a visitor permit:
- Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Overnight parking is not permitted on campus without prior consent from the Parking Office or Campus Police.
- It is the responsibility of the registrant of a vehicle to clear any tickets with Parking Services within fourteen (14) calendar days from the date of the citation.
- Online payment of fines is available at My Parking Account for Students, Faculty, Staff and Visitors.
- Failure to pay a fine within 14 calendar days will result in the addition of a $10 late fee per offense and $10 per month thereafter until paid.
- Failure by a student to pay a fine will result in a hold being placed by the University on the student's account preventing release of records and blocking future registration.
- Failure by a faculty or staff member to pay a fine will be recorded in the member's employment record. Unpaid fees or fines will cause the revocation of the employee's campus parking privileges and will block remunerations upon separation from the University.
- A vehicle is subject to impoundment after having accumulated three (3) unpaid citations.
- When a vehicle has accumulated three unpaid violations, a warning notice will be placed on the vehicle.
- The owner/driver will have three (3) business days to clear any unpaid violations or the vehicle will be impounded if it is found on University property.
- There will only be one warning per vehicle per academic semester.
- Neither the University nor its authorized personnel are liable for any loss or damage resulting from a vehicle being impounded.
- The registrant must pay all citations and fees at the Bursar's Office to reclaim the vehicle.
- Vehicles parked on the UT Dallas campus or UT Dallas properties must display at all times a valid UT Dallas parking permit for the parking lot section where the vehicle is parked.
- Permits must be properly affixed by removing the protective plastic on the face of the permit. The proper placement of the permit is on the windshield, on the lower left corner of the driver's side.
- Parking permits are repositionable DrySeal Decals, which can be removed and replaced without loss of adhesion.