FAQ - PayBySpace
1. What are Pay-By-Space pay stations?
Pay-By-Space pay stations are electronic cashless parking meters which manage parking spaces in various parking lots on the UT Dallas campus.
2. Where are Pay-By-Space lots located on the UT Dallas campus?
Pay-By-Space operates in parking lots F and K, and portions of Lots G, I and M. On the campus parking map, black and white cross-hatched lots on the map are Pay-by-Space lots.
3. What are the Pay-by-Space lot capacities?
Our Pay-by-Space lot capacities are:
- 25  – Lot F
- 27  – Lot G
- 63  – Lot I-North
- 45  – Lot K
- 60  – Lot M-West
- 100  – PS-1
4. How much does it cost to park in a Pay-by-Space lot
The cost to park in a Pay-by-Space lot is $1 per hour, plus $1 per transaction.
5. Why use automated pay stations?
This technology offers advantages to both the user and the University including:
- Convenient payment options – The pay stations accept credit or debit cards bearing the Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express logo.
- Reduced maintenance – Electronic payment allows UT Dallas to save labor costs associated with emptying traditional coin-operated meters, which previously were used on campus.
6. How do I use a Pay-By-Space kiosk?
The kiosks prompt users with on-screen, step-by-step directions to guide users through the transaction process. See step-by-step directions.
7. How do I add time to my parking?
If your time has not yet expired, you can add additional time by entering your space number (located on your receipt) and selecting “2” to add more time.” Press “OK” and then key in the “Add Time Number” from your receipt. Follow the prompts and a new receipt will print showing your adjusted expiration time. If your original time has expired, start a new parking transaction.
8. What types of payment are accepted?
Pay-By-Space pay stations only accept credit or debit cards bearing a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express logo.
9. When do I have to pay to park in a metered space?
As long as you are parking in a Pay-by-Space lot, you must pay the parking fee. Time for any day expires at midnight; so if you are parked in a space at midnight, you must add more time. If time has already expired, you must begin a new transaction at midnight.
10. If I pay for a spot all day, can I come and go?
Pay-by-Space does not support “in and out” privileges. If you leave and return, you must start a new transaction.
11. What do I do if a Pay-By-Space kiosk isn’t working?
If the unit seems to be malfunctioning, contact Parking and Transportation Services at 972-883-7777, and a staff member will assist you.
12. What if I paid to park but am mistakenly given a parking citation?
The most frequent error is that drivers enter the wrong space number when they park. Your receipt provides proof of payment. Take both the receipt and the citation to Parking and Transportation Services (SSB 2.300) to discuss having the ticket dismissed.
For more information about Pay-By-Space, contact Parking and Transportation Services at 972-883-7777 or email@example.com.