Rules of the Road
Before You Board
- Arrive at the bus stop three to five minutes before your scheduled departure time and confirm that the route number for your bus is posted on the bus stop sign.
- Stand in a location where you will be visible to the bus operator. When possible, signal the operator that you wish to board.
On the Bus
- You must wear proper attire. No shoes, no shirt, no service. Consuming food or beverages on board is also prohibited.
- Keep your personal items in your area and do not block aisles. Please fold up strollers or stow them out of the way.
- Please use only one seat and reserve the seats in the front for elderly and mobility-impaired passengers. The operator may ask you to move if you are sitting in a reserved area.
- When you're ready to exit the bus, pull the stop-request cord one block before your desired stop.
Things You Should Know
- Buses only pick up and drop off passengers at designated stops. For safety reasons, buses cannot stop to pick up passengers after pulling away from the boarding area.
- Variations in traffic and passenger loading may delay scheduled bus departure times.
- Buses marked "NOT IN SERVICE" or "OUT OF SERVICE" cannot stop to board passengers.
- If your trip involves a transfer, please allow at least five minutes between scheduled vehicle arrival and departure times.