The Texas Express
Texas Express is an exclusive non-stop service from UT Dallas Parking & Transporation and Star Shuttle that provides chartered buses from our campus to the UT Austin campus on weekends.
How does Texas Express work?
- Texas Express is exclusively available to UT system students, faculty, staff, and their friends and family.*
- Departs from and drops off at the Traffic Circle on University Pkwy.
- Tickets are now available online and by phone (see below).
- There are no stand-bys for the Texas Express.
Departure & Arrival Schedules
|Destination||From Campus (Friday**)||To Campus (Sunday**)||Buy Now|
Map & Details
|7:00 p.m.||10:00 p.m. (UT Austin)
||10:30 a.m. (UT Austin)||1:30 p.m.||$55 round trip|
Tickets & Boarding Information
- Tickets are available online at ProTix or calling 1-866-977-6849.
- When purchasing tickets online, they will not be mailed to you. There is no ticket will-call. Simply bring your UT ID to the Traffic Circle bus stop.
- All tickets must be purchased by 2 p.m. on the day of departure.**
- Tickets are round trip, valid only on selected dates, and non-refundable.
- A valid UT photo ID is required* to board the bus.
- Arrive at the bus stop at least 30 minutes before departure; the bus will leave promptly at its scheduled time.
- Buses arrive and depart from campus at the Traffic Circle bus stop on University Pkwy.
- If you have any questions during business hours, Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Parking & Transportation Office at 972-883-7777.
- If you have any questions regarding the status of the bus over the weekend, please call Star Shuttle at 800-341-6000.
- Responsibility: Star Shuttle, Inc. ("Star Shuttle") and The University of Texas at Dallas ("the university") act only as an agent in arranging transportation, and as such are not responsible for any damages, loss, delay, injury or accident due to weather, or any act of default of any company engaged in providing service included in our tours. We reserve the right to cancel any tour or make changes in any itinerary as we deem necessary. Star Shuttle and the university are not responsible to any person for expenses, loss of time or money or other circumstances resulting from a change in itinerary or change of tour arrangements made by it for tour members. Any person may be dismissed from any tour at any time should his or her conduct not be in harmony with the rest of the passengers and no further obligation will be assumed by Star Shuttle, the university, or anyone in their employ.
- Baggage: Each passenger is allowed one standard size suitcase. In addition, each passenger may bring a small carry-on bag measuring a maximum of 20"×15"×8" and is to be handled by the passenger at all times.
- Ticket Exchange Policy: Please submit the information listed below to email@example.com at least 24 hours before your departure date of original purchased ticket. A $4 fee will be accessed by ProTix for each exchange.
- Original scheduled departure date
- New date for exchange
- Please note: Exchanges are not guaranteed and if your ticket is exchanged, you will be notified by e-mail before your original scheduled departure date.
- Patron Arrival Time: UT Dallas Parking & Transportation Services and Star Shuttle ask for each patron to arrive at the bus stop at least 30 minutes prior to departure to ensure proper boarding and to retain your reservation. UT Dallas has the right to refuse boarding to anyone who arrives less than 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. For those who arrive less than 10 minutes prior to scheduled departure time, refunds or exchanges will not be granted.
If you require special assistance or an ADA accessible shuttle, please contact the Parking & Transportation Main Office at 972-883-7777 two weeks before your scheduled departure to make arrangements. An ADA shuttle may not be available if the Parking & Transportation Main Office is not notified two weeks in advance.
** Departure/arrival days and ticket pick-up dates are subject to change for holidays and other special events. See service dates for more information.