The UT Dallas Police Department has paid positions for students as community service officers in the Student Patrol program. Students assist the UT Dallas Police and the community by serving as trained eyes and ears, conducting foot patrols on the campus, including the residential areas of the campus. Services include walking escorts, entry assists, and other support services roles not requiring a commissioned police officer. Student CSOs will identify and report suspicious activity and safety issues while conducting their patrols.
Many of the students in the program are Criminal Justice majors, or are pursuing other degrees with plans to enter a career in law enforcement or other service professions. The UT Dallas Police Department is pleased to be able to offer students this educational and career building opportunity, as we work in partnership with our students to serve the community.
- Daily: 6pm-10pm
Other Benefits for Students:
- On-campus job
- An understanding work environment regarding your academic priorities
- Get started on your career in law enforcement or criminal justice
- Sense of pride in serving your community as members of the UT Dallas Police Department
- Resumé-building opportunity
- Develop contacts for future employment references
- Candidates with an interest in a career in criminal justice, law enforcement, government, or other related areas
- Students actively involved in the campus community
- Applicant must be enrolled as a UT Dallas student.
- Must pass a criminal background check.