Power Dancers is the official dance team of UT Dallas. We perform for varsity games, make special appearances on campus throughout the school year, and provide a great source of school spirit. We perform pom, hip hop, jazz, and a variety of other dance styles. We also provide an opportunity for students to exert initiative, leadership, and creativity.
Power Dancers at UT Dallas also enjoy priority enrollment, which means you are the first to enroll per semester no matter your classification.
- Wednesday, Sept. 3, 8-10 p.m., Activity Center, MPR-Green
- The Info Meeting will provide you with the audition packet/application and an opportunity to ask questions about auditions and the program
Pre-Audition Workshop ($15, optional)
- The optional Pre-Audition Workshop will follow the Info Meeting
- Participating gives you the opportunity to learn a fun, quick dance routine and give you an idea of what our sideline and basketball game routines are like
- Monday-Wednesday, Sept. 8-10, 8-10:30 p.m., Activity Center, MPR-Green
- $20 fee will be waived if you participate in the Pre-Audition Workshop
- You must attend all three days of auditions to be considered for finals (extenuating circumstances will be taken into consideration)
*If you were unable to attend the Info Meeting, you can download the audition packet/application or get a copy at SU 2.400.
- Tryouts and Interviews - Wear comfortable dance clothing and dance shoes or sneakers
- Finals - Wear long black dance pants (no capri or cropped pants or shorts); with solid-colored, fitted tank top, black shoes, and full make-up and hair
- Friday-Sunday, Sept. 19-21, Activity Center, MPR-Green
- If you become a member of the team, this is a mandatory three-day dance camp with overnight stay required
What Judges Look For
Energy and spirit are by far the most important aspects when performing. By showing your personality, giving it your all, and most of all, having fun, you will be one step ahead of the others.
Finalists will be judged on:
- Knowledge and memory
- Rhythm and timing
- Overall impression
To be eligible, students:
- Must be enrolled at UT Dallas full-time (minimum of 12 hours)
- Must have a medical insurance and proof of coverage
- Must have your Comet Card
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
Membership to the team requires a substantial amount of commitment and dedication. Practices are mandatory and will be held weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:30-11 p.m. Attendance to all home basketball games are required, as well as various events throughout the year.
Power Dancer Coach
Request an appearance for Power Dancers to attend your event.