Applying to Professional Schools
HPAC offers support services in the months before your application. Since applications are highly competitive, students should take every advantage.
Health Professions Evaluation (HPE) and Clearinghouse Services
All UT Dallas applicants to professional schools receive:
- General Admissions Orientation - Introduces UT Dallas's HPE and Clearinghouse services, the application timeline, and MANY tips ranging from requesting rec letters to selecting a school. At a GAO, students register to receive application support from HPAC.
Date Time Location Thursday, February 2nd 2017 5:30-7:30PM HH 2.402 Monday, January 23rd 2017 5:30-7:30PM SLC 1.102 Thursday, November 17th 2016 7:00PM GR 2.530 Monday, November 14th 2016 5:30PM GR 4.204 Saturday, October 15th 2016 11:00AM GR 3.302 Friday, October 14th 2016 3:30PM GR 2.302
- Personal Statement Workshop - talks students through the goals and methods of effective personal statement writing, and offers tips from his years as an advisor, editor, and author. This interactive workshop relies on a prewrite which takes about 1 hour to complete.
Date Time Location Friday, December 16th 2016 3:00-5:00PM GR 3.302 Friday, December 2nd 2016 3:00-5:00PM FO 2.208 Saturday, October 15th 2016 1:00PM GR 3.302 After 10/15/2016, available on-demand through eLearning
- Interview Skills Workshop - introduces students to multiple interview formats and how to prepare, and offers tips from her years as an advisor, counselor, and interviewer.
Date Time Location Tuesday, April 11, 2017 5:30-6:30PM JO 3.516 Friday, March 31, 2017 3:30-4:30PM JO 4.614 If you are unable to attend an in-person session, you may view the videos on e-Learning.
- Application Seminar - Dr. Karen de Olivares, HPAC Director, introduces students to the TMDSAS, AMCAS, AACOMAS, and AADSAS applications, and offers application tips based on her extensive experience.
Date Time Location Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 11:30am FN 2.102 Wednesday, April 26th, 2017 6:00pm SLC 1.102
- Document revision by a pre-health advisor, along with detailed tips and instructions for completing complex applications.
- Online tracking of letters of evaluation and documents as they arrive at HPAC (uses eLearning).
- Free distribution of recommendation letters through appropriate channels.
HPE forms can be found on the HPAC Forms and Handouts page.
Qualifying medical and dental applicants also receive
- Practice interviews with two UT Dallas faculty
- Thorough evaluation by committee and a "committee letter" - recommended by nearly all professional schools