Applying to Professional Schools
HPAC offers support services in the months before your application. Since applications are highly competitive, students should take every advantage.
Health Professions Evaluation (HPE) and Clearinghouse Services
All UT Dallas applicants to professional schools receive:
- General Admissions Orientation - Introduces UT Dallas's HPE and Clearinghouse services, the application timeline, and MANY tips ranging from requesting rec letters to selecting a school. At a GAO, students register to receive application support from HPAC.
**Students must attend ONE of the four General Admissions Orientations.**
Date Time Location Friday, October 6, 2017 3:00-5:00PM MC 2.410 Saturday, October 14, 2017 10:00AM-12:00PM MC 2.410 Monday, November 6, 2017 5:00-7:00PM MC 2.410 Friday, November 10, 2017 6:00-8:00PM MC 2.410
- Personal Statement Workshop - talks students through the goals and methods of effective personal statement writing, and offers tips from his years as an advisor, editor, and author. This interactive workshop relies on a prewrite which takes about 1 hour to complete.
Date Time Location Wednesday, October 25, 2017 9:00-11:00AM MC 2.410 Friday, November 3, 2017 3:00-5:00PM MC 2.410 Friday, November 10, 2017 4:00-6:00PM JO 4.102 Wednesday, November 29, 2017 9:00-11:00AM MC 2.410
- Interview Skills Workshop - introduces students to multiple interview formats and how to prepare, and offers tips from her years as an advisor, counselor, and interviewer.
- Application Seminar - Dr. Karen de Olivares, HPAC Director, introduces students to the TMDSAS, AMCAS, AACOMAS, and AADSAS applications, and offers application tips based on her extensive experience.
- Document revision by a pre-health advisor, along with detailed tips and instructions for completing complex applications.
- Online tracking of letters of evaluation and documents as they arrive at HPAC (uses eLearning).
- Free distribution of recommendation letters through appropriate channels.
HPE forms can be found on the HPAC Forms and Handouts page.
Qualifying medical and dental applicants also receive
- Practice interviews with two UT Dallas faculty
- Thorough evaluation by committee and a "committee letter" - recommended by nearly all professional schools