UTDallas Retiree Benefits
The University is generous in its support of medical, dental, life insurance, and other benefits (see Human Resources for the complete package), but there are other perquisites for retirees that you may not know about, including:
- Retirees may purchase ($18) a Comet Card at the Info Depot (Student Center), and they will use it to obtain many additional benefits below.
- Retirees may retain their University email address (email@example.com) to use with their own ISP (Internet Service Provider).
- UTD RA members only are entitled to on-campus parking upon completion of a UTD Retiree parking sticker application. Other retirees pay staff rates. As with other parking passes, this is renewed annually, so keep up your membership! The silver tag permits parking in GREEN, GOLD, and REMOTE parking spots only. A $2 handling fee applies.
- Retirees may purchase an Activity Center membership at the faculty/staff rate. Go to the Activity Center to sign up.
- If space is available, retirees over 64 can audit courses without charge and can even take credit courses without paying tuition. (Fees, however, are not waived.) See the Registrar.
- If space is available, retirees may enroll in computer courses offered by Information Resources.
- Retirees may attend cultural events (for which admission is charged) at the faculty/staff rate, and they may attend cultural events, free to faculty/staff, on presentation of their Comet Card.
- Retirees may purchase discounted tickets from the Info Depot on presentation of their Comet Card.
- Comet intercollegiate athletic contests are free to retirees presenting their Comet Card.
- Retirees may check out up to five (5) books at one time from the University Library with their Comet Card.
- They may purchase (student-version, discounted) computer software (except Microsoft and Adobe) from the Campus Bookstore at student prices with their Comet Card and UTD email address.
- Finally, retirees with Comet Cards get student discounts at several local businesses & eateries!
Many of these benefits were recommended to the University by UTD RA, and, although most accrue to all UTD retirees, you might consider joining UTD RA to encourage further recommendations.