Undergraduate students cannot register for graduate level courses unless the Petition for Undergraduate Student to Take Graduate Courses form is completed. The process for an undergraduate student to take graduate courses can be found online in the Academic Policies and Procedures section of the Undergraduate Catalog under the heading Graduate Courses in the Policies Menu.
A concurrent enrollment agreement is in place between The University of Texas at Dallas, The University of Texas at Arlington, and The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Branch. This agreement allows any student enrolled concurrently between these institutions to receive a waiver of certain fees. Students from these institutions can take courses at UT Dallas without going through the regular application process. Students complete the Concurrent Enrollment Form with their advisor and submit it to the Office of the Registrar for processing.
Eligibility and procedures:
- Students must take at least 1 hour at BOTH the HOME and HOST institution to be eligible.
- Students may not be admitted to both institutions. They must have a HOME and HOST institution.
- A student must be in Good Standing at HOME institution and void of any registration holds.
- Students will pay the HOME institution.
- Student services and student health facilities at HOST institutions will not be available unless the student decides to pay separately for these services (these would be made payable to the HOST institution).
- Parking is reciprocal and students will not need to purchase a parking tag at the HOST institution.
- If a student has financial aid, they need to fill out a Consortium Agreement through Financial Aid.
A cooperative enrollment agreement is in place between University of Texas System schools and Texas A&M University System schools. This agreement allows graduate students to attend class at the host institution based on space availability and the approval of the Graduate Dean. Students from these institutions can take courses at UT Dallas without going through the regular application process. Students complete the Cooperative Enrollment Form with their advisor and submit it to the Office of the Registrar for processing.
Procedures for Cooperative Enrollment:
- Submit the Cooperative Enrollment Form to the appropriate office at your HOME campus for processing. The HOME campus will forward the completed form to the HOST campus and will handle registration of the student in the appropriate course at their HOME campus. All tuition and fees will be paid at the HOME campus.
- The HOST campus will review the submitted form and notify the HOME campus of approval or denial of the request. If approved, the graduate dean at the HOST campus will certify the course grade to the graduate dean at the HOME campus.
- Student services and student health facilities are not available at the HOST campus unless you choose to pay these fees at the time of registration. Payment of these fees is to be made at the HOST campus.
- Parking is reciprocal. You should contact the Parking or Security Office at the HOST campus for details.
- ADD/DROPS must be done in compliance with the HOME institution’s policy. All F1 and J1 students must get approval from the International Office. Adds/Drops are done by completing this form and obtaining the appropriate signature. The form is submitted to the HOME institution’s registrar and then forwarded to the HOST institution.
- Before registering at The University of Texas at Dallas, all international students must provide proof of Official TB test to the Student Health Center. Students may fax these documents to (972) 883-2069 with a note “Texas A&M Cooperative Student” on it.
Students at The University of Texas at Dallas may participate in the Air Force ROTC program at The University of North Texas, or in the Army ROTC program at The University of Texas at Arlington.
For further information and application procedures, contact:
Detachment 835, Air Force ROTC
The University of North Texas
P.O. Box 305400
Denton, Texas 76203-5400
Telephone (940) 565-2074
Enrollment Officer, Army ROTC
The University of Texas at Arlington
P.O. Box 19188 Arlington, Texas 76019
Telephone (817) 272-3281
Students wanting to register for ROTC classes should contact the appropriate ROTC office listed above. Once approved for classes the ROTC office will email the UT Dallas Registrar’s Office with the classes the student is approved to take. The UT Dallas Registrar’s Office will then email the student to let them know the approval has been received and that they can then go online to their student center and register for the classes.
Payment for the classes is through the UT Dallas Bursar Office by the published payment deadlines.
UT Dallas students can take courses through the University of Texas Online Consortium.