Smart Hybrid Micro-grid based on Multiport Power Electroincs Interface
MPEI is a multi port power manager and converter developed in REVT laboratory at University of Texas at Dallas. This converter creates an interface between grid, renewable sources, and storage elements to provide high power quality. Maximum power point tracking guaranties optimal energy harvesting from solar panels and wind turbines. This DSP based converter utilizes an adaptive controller to optimally increase efficiency and reliability for each operation condition while performing energy management algorithms to ensure the best performance. MPEI can be controlled and monitored wirelessly to ensure easy operation in remote areas.
- Grid tied inverter with a fully controlled grid interface
- High power quality output
- Local reactive power compensation
- Uninterruptable power supply operation
- Maximum energy harvesting from renewable sources
- Optimal management of energy from multiple sources
- Optimal Battery management
- Adaptive energy management system for the best performance
- Micro grid operation
- Fault tolerant operation on specific conditions
- UPF, Low THD grid interface
- Remote monitoring and control
- Touch screen manual interface
A hybrid smart grid based on MPEI has been designed and developed at the REVT lab. This smart grid utilizes both dc and ac distribution networks. Wireless ZigBee network is enabling wireless monitoring and control of each nano grid (agent).