Residence Halls at University Commons
Freshmen who wish to live on campus at UT Dallas will reside in one of our residence halls. Applicants who do not turn in a completed application will not be eligible to receive a housing agreement or assignment. On-campus housing for freshmen is not guaranteed.
Priority Application Deadline has been extended to May 15, 2014. All completed applications received prior to the deadline will receive priority based on date of application. After May 15, consideration will be given based on date of application and proximity to campus.
Prior to attending Freshmen Orientation, you MUST resolve any outstanding admission and registration requirements. Outstanding items on your To Do List or holds for residency, required vaccinations, or other required documents, will prevent you from registering for classes at orientation.
The Application Process
- Before you can apply for housing, you must be admitted to the University. To apply for admission to UT Dallas, please visit the Office of Enrollment Services website.
- To begin your application, click here.
- Be sure to include:
- $50 application fee
- $150 security deposit required at the time of application
- If you will be under the age of 18 at the time of your move-in, you will complete a guarantor agreement provided by University Commons with your lease.
After Submitting Your Application
- Your application will be given priority based on availability and according to the date and time the completed fees and profile information are submitted.
- Please remember that an application for admission to the University and an application for housing do not guarantee that space will be available.
- Please call Residential Life at 972-883-7430 if you have any questions.
A housing agreement will be mailed within a few weeks of receipt of a completed housing application. You must sign and return the agreement with a $150 advance payment that will be applied to your rent upon move-in.
Cancellation Policy Prior to Occupancy
- All cancellations must be made in writing and sent to Residential Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you cancel your application and have not yet signed a lease, you will be eligible to receive a full refund of your security deposit.
- If you cancel your housing agreement in writing prior to May 23rd (90+ days prior), you will be eligible to receive a full refund of your security deposit.
- If you cancel your housing agreement in writing on or after May 24th (31-89 days prior), your deposit will be retained as liquidated damages.
- If you cancel your housing agreement in writing on or after July 22nd (0-30 days prior) including the start date of the agreement, you will be charged $400 and the security deposit will be retained.