Residence Halls at University Commons
Freshmen who wish to live on campus at UT Dallas will reside in one of our residence halls. Applicants who do not turn in a completed application will not be eligible to receive a housing agreement or assignment. On-campus housing for freshmen is not guaranteed.
Priority Application Deadline is May 1, 2015. All completed applications received prior to the deadline will receive priority based on date of application. After May 1, consideration will be given based on date of application and proximity to campus.
Prior to attending Freshmen Orientation, you MUST resolve any outstanding admission and registration requirements. Outstanding items on your To Do List or holds for residency, required vaccinations, or other required documents, will prevent you from registering for classes at orientation.
The Application Process
- Before you can apply for housing, you must be admitted to the University. To apply for admission to UT Dallas, please visit the Office of Enrollment Services website.
- To begin your application, click here.
- Be sure to include:
- $75 application fee
- If you will be under the age of 18 at the time of your move-in, you will complete a guarantor agreement provided by University Commons with your lease.
After Submitting Your Application
- Your application will be given priority based on availability and according to the date and time the completed online application and fee are submitted.
- Please remember that an application for admission to the University and an application for housing do not guarantee that space will be available.
- Please call Residential Life at 972-883-7430 if you have any questions.
A housing agreement will be mailed within a few weeks of receipt of a completed housing application. You must sign and return the agreement with a $400 advance payment that will be applied to your rent upon move-in.
Cancellation Policy Prior to Occupancy
- All cancellations must be made in writing and sent to Residential Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The refund of any prepayment follows the schedule outlined below. Note: In all cases the application fee is non-refundable
- 90+ days prior to the start of the agreement you will be eligible to receive a full refund of the prepayment.
- 31-89 days prior to the start of the agreement you are not eligible to receive the prepayment and it will be retained as liquidated damages.
- 0-30 days prior to the start of the agreement, including after the start date of the agreement, if you have not gained occupancy, the prepayment will be retained as liquidated damages and you will be charged an additional $350 in liquidated damages.
- If space is not available, we will refund the prepayment and you will not be subject to a $350 cancellation fee.