Like our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/UTDPA) for the latest information!
Peer Advisors (PA) are UT Dallas student employees who live on campus and provide University Village residents with personal, academic and housing-related peer support.
Residential Life employs upperclassman students in this leadership role. Over 100 PAs have been assigned to the University Commons residence halls and various apartment buildings within University Village. Students selected as PAs go through an extensive training period to fully prepare them for their role as PAs. The official job description can be found at http://www.utdallas.edu/reslife/pajobdescription.
Peer Advisor Application
The Peer Advisor application will be avavailable starting October 27, 2014.
All students interested in applying to be a Peer Advisor MUST attend an Interest Session. These sessions are a great chance to meet current peer advisors and coordinators. The sessions will go over the Peer Advisor position including job requirements and the application process. Interest sessions are a good chance for applicants to ask questions of current Peer Advisors and the Coordinators who supervise them.
Application Time Line
- November 5, 2013 - Application will be made available.
- December 2, 2013 at 9:00pm - PA Mixer! Come and get to know current Peer Advisors and ask questions. (Not required)
- December 4, 2013 - Applications are due to the Residence Hall North front desk for students interested in applying for Spring 2014 positions.
- December 4, 2013 - Applications are due to the Residence Hall North front desk for students interested in applying for Fall 2014 positions.
- Thursday December 5, 2013 - Wednesday December 11, 2013 - Interviews for those interested in a Spring 2014 position.
- Friday, January 17, 2014 - Group Process (All Applicants Required to Attend) will occur in Residence Hall North.
- Monday, January 20, 2014 - Thursday January 30, 2014 - 1st Round Interviews (All Applicants Required to Attend). All interviews take place in in Residence Hall Southwest. Check-In will take place in the Residence Hall Southwest classroom.
**Schedule is subjected to change. Please refer back to the Facebook Page for the latest information.