International Travel Insurance
Employee International Travel Insurance Information
Employees enrolled in the UT Employee Benefits program:
- Have these UT System Benefits while they travel.
- The Foreign Coverage Quick Reference Sheet gives employees information for the International SOS program and the UT SELECT Medical insurance. For questions on the ISOS program, contact [email protected], for questions on the UT SELECT Medical insurance contact [email protected]
- ISOS coverage period. Employees will be covered for the period authorized by the University. There is an additional 2 week personal deviation coverage immediately on each side of the authorized period. The 2 weeks of personal deviation coverage on each side are set and cannot be moved. To determine coverage period, use the insurance calculator.
Employees not enrolled in the UT Employee Benefits program have the following options for international travel coverage:
- Option A. Purchase a personal business traveler ISOS membership that includes medical coverage. Use UTD Membership ID#11BSGC000037 to get a discount.
- Option B. If any medical expenses are advanced on your behalf by ISOS: Pay them to ISOS and then request reimbursement through your personal insurance provider. Review your out-of-network costs if any with your personal insurance provider.
Student International Travel Insurance Information
All students traveling abroad on behalf of the University must obtain travel authorization, be enrolled in the UT System Student International Travel Insurance plan, and register their trip in International SOS prior to departure.
The UT System Student International Travel Insurance plan includes three components:
- The Student International Travel Accident and Sickness (SITAS) insurance policy
- International SOS (ISOS) emergency and travel assistance.
- General Liability Insurance (GLI)
Enrollment in this insurance program is mandatory, regardless of any other insurance the students may have, including insurance possibly required by an affiliate study abroad program or a foreign government. All students are strongly encouraged to maintain their U.S. health insurance coverage in case treatment is necessary upon return to the United States.
Enrollment in the insurance program occurs through registration of the trip in ISOS. Students must register their trip in ISOS prior to departure. Students cannot enroll in the program otherwise.
International Travel Insurance Fee. The insurance fee pays for the insurance program. The fee is $20 per week and will be assessed to the individual student account. A week is considered to be 1 to 7 days. The number of weeks are determined by the official dates of the authorized activity. Payment is due no later than 30 days after fee assessment. Failure to pay will result in University holds for the individual student. To calculate the total fee for an activity, use the insurance calculator below.
Coverage period. The student will be covered for the period authorized by the University. There is an additional 2 week personal deviation coverage immediately on each side of the authorized period. This additional coverage will not be charged. The 2 weeks of personal deviation coverage on each side are set and cannot be moved. To determine coverage period, use the insurance calculator below.
The fee is non-refundable. Appeals due to extraordinary circumstances may be submitted to the international travel insurance appeal committee through the International Travel Insurance Change request form. This section will be updated soon with a link to the form.
For International Travel Insurance inquiries e-mail the International Center at [email protected].
International Travel Insurance Calculator
Enter the start and end date of the official activity dates. Example: conference first and last date, study abroad program start and end date, internship start and end date.
|Start Date||End Date|