The application packet for admission to the SEM program must include:
- A written personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Corporate approval of enrollment in the case of employed applicants
- A completed online application
- A resume that includes a description of work experience
- An acceptable undergraduate degree record in engineering, physics, chemistry, math, finance or economics (in order to ensure adequate math skills). We require official transcripts, in sealed and signed envelopes, from all colleges and universities you attended.
- A $250 non-refundable application fee, payable by check or money order to “UT Dallas.”
- An in-person interview with the director of the SEM program at UT Dallas.
Application Status Contact Information
If you are interested in applying for the SEM program, you may:
- Submit all items required in the Application Packet
- Contact Sharon Pianka or call (972) 883-2597 to check the status of your application.
SEM classes begin in mid-August for the fall semester and early January for the spring semester. Applicants are considered for admission on a rolling basis. We will advise you in writing of your admission status within seven business days of receiving a complete application.