Are you interested in taking graduate courses for credit in the traditional MS-SEM degree but cannot commit to traveling to campus on a regular basis? Our options for online courses and distance learning may be the solution for you.
The UT Dallas School of Management is a leader in the development of online programs in graduate management education. The school currently offers many courses as part of several degrees and certificate programs with complete online delivery and content that is the same as courses offered in the classroom:
- Courses are administered completely online with content that mirrors that of regular, in-seat courses, without recording of live lectures.
- Several of the MS-SEM courses offered via the online option are core classes for other degree programs, and typically only one section is offered online with limited enrollment.
- Registration for special sections of online courses is done through offerings indicted as “Online”.
- The following MS-SEM classes have been offered with the online option in the past: SYSM 6303, SYSM 6312, SYSM 6313, SYSM 6318, SYSM 6319, SYSM 6332, SYSM 6333, SYSM 6334. In addition to these, for possible concentration-area classes as part of the MS-SEM, many other management classes are offered online.
Distance Learning Classes
Distance learning classes are designed for students wishing to have the experience of classroom instruction, viewing the professor, while maintaining the flexibility to earn a portion of their MS SEM while away from campus. Unlike the online classes noted above:
- Lectures to in-seat students are recorded live, streamed online and viewed asynchronously (usually available on the same day as the lecture), and are designed to offer a distance experience that is as close as possible to that of students in the classroom.
- Lectures may be viewed at your convenience, any time day or night, and are accessible only by UT Dallas students registered for that class.
- When possible, students in distance learning classes are required to come to campus only for exams and for occasional interactive sessions. Students who are not able to come to campus for examinations work with the professor or graduate advisor to have examination proctoring set up at the distance location.
- Registration for the class is the same process as for in-seat registration, using the same course number and same process, where no distinction is made for the distance learning feature.
- The following MS-SEM classes have been offered in the past using this distance learning option: SYSM 6302, SYSM 6305, SYSM 6306, SYSM 6307.
Questions should be directed to Brenda Rains.