Car Sharing Club
UT Dallas has partnered with Zipcar to bring self-service, on-demand car sharing to campus. The University’s Zipcar fleet includes hybrid cars and an SUV. Reserved parking spots for these vehicles are available at several locations:
- On the south side of Lot T, near Residence Hall North (RHN).
- Near the intersection of Rutford Avenue and Drive D, in front of University Village Phase 9, Building 67.
- Near the Alexander Clark Center (CN), in Lot I.
Membership in this car sharing club is available through UT Dallas at special rates to students (18 years or older who’ve held a valid driver’s licence for at least a year,) faculty, staff, alumni, and members of the community (21 years or older.) You can join online using a major credit card. Membership includes:
- The ability to reserve a vehicle through the web, with their Android™ or iPhone® app, or by calling 1-866-4-ZIPCAR.
- The ability to extend your existing reservation via SMS.
- Your own Zipcard for unlocking a vehicle that you’ve reserved.
- Comprehensive insurance.
- Up to 180 miles of vehicle use per day.
- 24/7 roadside assistance.
- Online account management and a member services hotline.