The Student Organization Center (SOC) helps UT Dallas students become more connected to campus life. We provide programming and services for student organizations and for students interested in participating in the many activities at UT Dallas. Visit us in the Student Union (SU), room 2.416 or call us at 972-883-6551.
- Student organization mailboxes
- Student organization storage lockers (please inquire about availability as space is limited)
- Computer access for student organization
- Copying, laminating, and poster services for student organizations
- Courtesy telephone and fax machine for all students (long distance calls and faxes require a calling card)
Student Organization Forum
The Student Organization Forum is the representative body for registered student organizations within the SOC. Its primary functions are:
- Oversee the allocation of funds to registered student organizations
- Manage the communication of University-wide policies to student organization officers
- Encourage and promote student participation in University activities
- Provide leadership development and promote growth opportunities to student organization members
- Advise and recommend on student organization issues
- Disseminate and exchange information among organization
OrgSync is a web application that allows students to join, organize, manage and communicate with student organizations and their members.
New and Improved Funding! Looking for information about student organization funding?
Look no further! Click on Files in your organization's OrgSync portal to locate the Student Organization Funding folder.
All student organizations are required to register their new or returning organization using OrgSync.
- Please complete the New Student Organization Application at orgsync.com/forms/show/26615.
With over 200 registered student organizations at UT Dallas, you'll find one that is right for you.
Looking to enhance your student organization events? Check out our event enhancers at https://orgsync.com/8452/forms/36247.
Room Reservation Information
Room Reservations: Student Union
Effective June 1st, 2014, registered student groups may submit reservation requests for rooms inside the "Student Union", the SSB and SU Mall for Fall 2014 - Summer 2015. Only the THREE schedulers listed on the organization registration form may submit room requests on behalf of a registered student organization. Each scheduler should have his or her own EMS ( Room Reservation) Account. Accounts can be created at https://reserve.utdallas.edu/VirtualEMS/ . Accounts will take 72 hours to be activated.
Room Reservations: Outside of the Student UnionAll registered student organizations may begin reserving rooms inside classrooms, lecture halls, and auditoriums outside the Student Union beginning June 1, for the Fall semester ONLY. You all will still have to wait until a later date to begin reserving the same locations for Spring 2015.
In Other News
Great News!!!...new meeting space has been added to the scheduling inventory. Registered student groups may also request the following using EMS:
CB3 Building: select classrooms ( Fall 2014 reservations only beginning June 1. Spring 2015 reservations begin at a later date)
ATEC Building: select classrooms, meeting and conference rooms (Fall 2014 reservations only beginning June 1. Spring 2015 reservations begin at a later date)
"The Pub" (Only the stage may be reserved)
Faculty/Staff Dining Hall
SOC Office Summer Hours
Need assistance from SOC? Yes, we are open. Our summer hours are as follows:
The Office of Emergency Management coordinates campus disaster response and recovery activities.
Updated: May 30, 2014