Risk Management – What is it??
Risk Management is the process of advising organizations of the potential and perceived risks involved in their activities, providing education about the guiding boundaries established for organizations, and taking corrective actions and proactive steps to minimize accidental injury and/or loss.
The goal of our proactive risk management guidelines is to ensure that student organizations plan and host events where everyone involved has a safe and fun experience!
The Risk Management Representative's Responsibility
Take and pass all nine (9) quizzes associated with risk management training RSVP and Attend one of the twelve (12) one hour workshops listed below Organize a meeting where you will train your membership ( minimum of five individuals) with the presentation provided to you by the SOC office Turn in all of the risk management paperwork to the SOC office by the deadline: April 30, 2014
The Organization Advisor's Responsibility during Risk Management
Encourage you all to complete the risk management process Take and pass all nine ( 9) quizzes associated with management training ( If required by SOC, this is communicated to the advisors who need to complete this task) Attend the meeting where you will train your membership with the presentation provided to you by the SOC office Sign the risk management paperwork that is to be turned in to the SOC office by the deadline: April 30, 2014
Frequently Asked Questions
If we completed training last year, must we complete training again this year?
- Yes, risk management training is required every year for all registered student organizations.
Can we change our risk management representatives?
- Yes, you can change your risk management representatives. This must be done by updating the organization profile on OrgSync. All responsibilities that go along with being the risk management representative will still apply.
Do both risk management representatives have to attend the same one hour workshop?
- No but, each risk management representative must attend one of the twelve listed workshops below.
Does my advisor also have to attend the one hour workshop?
- No, your advisor does not have to attend the one hour workshop.
Does my advisor need to be present when we train our full membership on the risk management subjects?
- Yes, your advisor does need to be present when you train your full membership. Please make sure to communicate to your advisor in advance when this training will take place.
Do I have to RSVP for the one hour workshop?
- Yes, you must RSVP for one of the twelve workshops listed below using OrgSync.
Do I have to have the quizzes completed before attending the workshop?
- Yes, all nine quizzes must be completed with a score of 80% or above in order to be admitted into the one hour workshop.
Can I still attend the one hour workshop if I can’t stay the entire time?
- No, all attendees must stay for the full duration of the workshop.
What happens if my organization doesn’t complete risk management?
- Your organization may become inactive for a period of six months.
Can anyone from the organization complete the quizzes and attend the one hour workshop?
- No, only the two individuals listed as the risk management representatives may complete the risk management process.
How to locate the Risk Management VideosIt would be to your benefit to view the risk management video before you attempt the risk management quiz. The videos are located in your organization’s OrgSync portal under the videos section.
Risk Management Workshop Dates and Times
All Risk Management Paperwork Due by Wednesday April 30, 2014
- January 18th: 11am-12pm (Saturday)-Science Learning Center 1.102
- January 21st: 2-3pm (Tuesday)-Student Union Galaxy Rooms
- January 24th: 11am-12pm (Friday)-Student Union Galaxy Rooms
- January 29th: 6-7pm (Wednesday)-Student Union Galaxy Rooms
- February 3rd: 1:30-2:30pm (Monday)-Student Union Galaxy Rooms
- February 6th: 3-4pm (Thursday)-Student Union Galaxy Rooms
- February 8th: 11am-12pm (Saturday)-Science Learning Center 1.102
- February 12th: 4:30pm-5:30pm (Wednesday)-Student Union Galaxy Rooms
- February 18th: 9:30am-10:30am (Tuesday)-Student Union Galaxy Rooms
- February 21st: 12pm-1pm (Friday)-Student Union Galaxy Rooms
- March 4th: 9:30pm-10:30pm (Tuesday)-Student Union Galaxy Rooms
- March 6th: 10:30am-11:30am (Thursday)-Student Union Galaxy Rooms
How to RSVP for the Risk Management Workshops
To RSVP follow these steps:
1.) Go into your organizations OrgSync portal
2.) Click on calendar
3.) Find the month of January, February, or March
4.) Select the day on which you would like to attend training
5.) Click “Attending” to RSVP
On the day of the risk management workshop
The two risk management representatives that were listed on the organization registration form have the responsibility of attending this workshop.
All 9 risk management quizzes must be completed prior to attending the risk management workshop. Those risk management representatives that have not completed the quizzes prior to attending the workshop will not be permitted entry and will have to sign up for another session.
On workshop day, we encourage each of you to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop. Be prepared to stay the duration of the workshop, and be prepared to show your Comet Card or another form of ID at check in.
Late arrivals, those arriving after the stated start time, will not be permitted entry into the workshop, will not receive credit for the session, and will have to sign up for another session.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Student Organization Center! The Student Organization Center is here to assist you and any way possible.
Updated: January 9, 2014