Risk Management – What is it??
Risk Management is the process of advising organizations of the potential and perceived risks involved in their activities, providing education about the guiding boundaries established for organizations, and taking corrective actions and proactive steps to minimize accidental injury and/or loss.
The goal of our proactive risk management guidelines is to ensure that student organizations plan and host events where everyone involved has a safe and fun experience!
Your Organization and Risk Management
This year the responsibility of risk management duties will lie with two risk management representatives listed on the organization registration form and the organization advisor.
- There are nine (9) modules and nine (9) quizzes that MUST be completed by the two risk management representatives and advisor (if applicable) PRIOR to attending the risk management workshop. The advisor is not required to attend the risk management workshop; they only need to complete the online quizzes if they have never done so before.
- The power point presentations are located in your organization’s OrgSync portal under the videos tab. The quizzes are located in E Learning. We have added both the risk management representatives to the training section in E Learning.
RSVP: Reserve Your Seat for Risk Management!
- There are TEN different opportunities to attend a Risk Management workshop
Expecting the Unexpected: Risk Management Workshop
- Spring 2014 dates To Be Announced
- Both the risk management representatives must RSVP to ONE of the TEN dates listed. Both representatives do not have to attend on the same date and time. All trainings will be held in the Galaxy Rooms SU 2.602 unless otherwise noted.
- We have limited each workshop to 60 individuals. Once a workshop is filled, the signups for that workshop will no longer be available. It is imperative that you begin signing up today.
- The signups for the Risk Management Workshops are located in your organization’s OrgSync portal under the calendar tab.
To RSVP follow these steps:
1.) Go into your organizations OrgSync portal
2.) Click on calendar
3.) Find the month of January, February, or March
4.) Select the day on which you would like to attend training
5.) Click “Attending” to RSVP
On the day of the risk management workshop
The two risk management representatives that were listed on the organization registration form have the responsibility of attending this workshop.
All 9 risk management quizzes must be completed prior to attending the risk management workshop. Those risk management representatives that have not completed the quizzes prior to attending the workshop will not be permitted entry and will have to sign up for another session.
On workshop day, we encourage each of you to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop. Be prepared to stay the duration of the workshop, and be prepared to show your Comet Card or another form of ID at check in.
Late arrivals, those arriving after the stated start time, will not be permitted entry into the workshop, will not receive credit for the session, and will have to sign up for another session.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Student Organization Center! The Student Organization Center is here to assist you and any way possible.
Updated: September 20, 2013