Alternative Spring Break (ASB) is an immersive week of hands-on service, leadership-building and relationship-building that is supplemented with education and reflection. For a minimal fee, students have the chance to make an impact on communities around the U.S. and learn more about the challenges and opportunities facing the country.
Under the guidance of a student site leader and a university staff member, participants travel and serve together throughout the week of spring break (March 11-16, 2018). Prior to departure, students take part in team activities and meetings to get to know each other and learn about the community partners they will be working with. Participation culminates in a reflection reception in April where teams reunite and share ASB experiences, as well as share ways for continued civic engagement and community outreach.
Are you Ready to Go Alternative?
- Register to attend one of the upcoming ASB info sessions on the OSV website.
- See Comets in action by watching videos from ASB 2017 and previous years on the OSV's YouTube page.
- Check out the details below for project locations, agency hosts, fees and more.
- Reserve your spot! Online registration for each ASB trip begins at 12 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 1, 2017.
- Note: Registration for the LGBT+ & Ally Services trip is application-based due to the waived trip fee. Interested students must submit their application by 4 p.m. on Nov. 24. Applicants will be notified by Nov. 29.
ASB 2018 Trips