20 Things To Do Before Graduation
The countdown to graduation has begun, and you don’t want to leave UT Dallas without completing this checklist!
- Spray paint Spirit Rock.
- Rub Cecil Green’s head for good luck.
- Grab a beverage with a professor in the PUB.
- Take advantage of a career expo – it will pay off.
- Compete in an intramural event.
- Help build and ride on a homecoming float.
- Complete Career Center's graduate follow-up survey.
- Participate in a service event through the Office of Student Volunteerism.
- Cheer your loudest at an athletic event.
- Take a picture with TEMOC on the Seniors Bench at Gazebo Park.
- Buy a brick for Legacy Lane.
- Polish your resume with help from the Career Center.
- Share all your UT Dallas wisdom with a freshman.
- Attend a Student Government meeting.
- Checkout alumni benefits from Alumni Relations.
- Attend a Senior Seminar Series event.
- Attend an Arts & Humanities production.
- Participate in Comet Countdown to Commencement.
- Take a picture while doing the whoosh under the Love Jack.
- Contribute to your Class Challenge through Alumni Relations.
Prepare for Graduation
Graduation and Commencement
The Office of the Registrar maintains a website with graduation information. Students must submit an application for the semester they plan to graduate.
- The Career Center is available to assist students with career decisions and job search techniques.
- The Career Center also offers a career coach for students who are about to graduate and want assistance with their career transition.
- The Career Center maintains a website with helpful information about how to prepare and apply for graduate or professional school programs.
- The Student Success Center has information about graduate school examinations and provides preparation courses for several graduate examinations.
- Financial aid counselors are available for exit interviews to ensure that students who have received financial aid understand their obligations upon completion of their degrees.
- The Bursar’s Office can answer questions about outstanding financial obligations to UT Dallas.
Recommended Readings for Seniors
Life After School. Explained.
Jesse Vickey, Andy Ferguson, Nicole Vickey