Tuition and Financial Aid
Refund of Tuition and Fees
Upon notification from the Office of the Registrar of official withdrawal, the Bursar Office shall refund tuition and fees (unless otherwise noted) in accordance with the following schedule:
For the Long Term (fall and spring semesters) and twelveeleven-week summer session:
- Prior to the first class day of a given semester, 100 percent
- During the first five class days, 80 percent of the applicable portion of the tuition and applicable fees
- During the second five class days, 70 percent
- During the third five class days, 50 percent
- During the fourth five class days, 25 percent
- After the fourth five class days, nothing
For the 6five- and 8eight-week summer sessions:
- Prior to the first class day of a given term, 100 percent
- During the first, second, and third class day, 80 percent
- During the fourth, fifth, and sixth class day, 50 percent
- Seventh class day and thereafter, nothing
Separate withdrawal refund schedules may be established for other fees and charges. Refer to the "Other User Fees" section for refund information.
Cash refunds will not be made to students. who request refunds; instead, rRefund checks will be available at the Bursar Office mailed to the student's home address three business days after the refund is requested unless the student has opted for direct deposit through EZPAY. Direct deposit refunds are normally available 35 to 46 business days from the date they were requested. Refunds which are not picked up will be mailed to the local address on file approximately four weeks after the day the refund was requested.
A student who registers before receiving grades from the previous semester, and who is required to withdraw because of failure in the work of the previous semester, will have all fees for the current semester refunded.
No refunds will be granted unless application is made within one year after official withdrawal.
All policies regarding the payment or refunding of tuition, fees, and charges are approved by the Board of Regents of The University of Texas System and are in compliance with the Texas Education Code, Section 54.006 of the Texas Statutes. If a person desires clarification of any matter relating to payment or refund of such charges, he or she should contact the office or administrative unit from which the charge or refund originated.