Tuition and Financial Aid
Refund of Tuition and Fees
Upon notification from the Office of the Registrar of official withdrawal, the Bursar Office shall reimburse the applicable portion of tuition and fees (unless otherwise noted) in accordance with the following schedule:
If the student withdraws during a fall or spring semester or a summer term of 10 weeks or longer:
- • Prior to the first class day of a given semester, 100 percent reimbursement
• During the first five class days, 80 percent of the applicable portion of the tuition and applicable fees reimbursement
• During the second five class days, 70 percent reimbursement
• During the third five class days, 50 percent reimbursement
• During the fourth five class days, 25 percent reimbursement
• After the fourth five class days, no reimbursement
If the student withdraws during a term or session of more than five weeks but less than 10 weeks (five- and eight-week summer sessions):
- • Prior to the first class day of a given term, 100 percent reimbursement
• During the first, second, and third class day, 80 percent reimbursement
• During the fourth, fifth, and sixth class day, 50 percent reimbursement
• Seventh class day and thereafter, no reimbursement
Separate withdrawal refund schedules may be established for other fees and charges. Refer to the "Other User Fees for Courses and Services" section at www.utdallas.edu/student/catalog/undergrad11/tuition/otherfees.html for refund information.
Cash refunds will not be made to students. Refund checks will be mailed to the student's address listed on their Student Center in Orion three business days after the refund is requested unless the student has opted for direct deposit through EZPAY. Direct deposit refunds are normally available 3 to 5 business days from the date they were requested.
A student who registers before receiving grades from the previous semester, and who is required to withdraw because of failure in the work of the previous semester, will have all fees for the current semester refunded.
No refunds will be granted unless application is made within one year after official withdrawal.
All policies regarding the payment or refunding of tuition, fees, and charges are approved by the Board of Regents of The University of Texas System and are in compliance with the Texas Education Code, Section 54.006 of the Texas Statutes. If a person desires clarification of any matter relating to payment or refund of such charges, he or she should contact the office or administrative unit from which the charge or refund originated.