Student Rights and Responsibilities
When you receive financial aid at UTD, you assume certain rights and responsibilities.
You have the right to:
- Apply for additional assistance when increased financial need can be demonstrated, is within regulatory guidelines, and funds are available
- Appeal a decision regarding your financial aid eligibility
- Expect and receive confidentiality of your financial aid award information on file in the Office of Financial Aid.
- Reapply for financial aid eligibility each year within the guidelines of the Office of Financial Aid Standards of Academic Progress.
You have the responsibility to:
- Report any change in your or your parent's financial situation from that reported on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Notify the Office of Financial Aid of changes in the number of hours enrolled during any semester of any academic year receiving aid using the Hours Adjustment Form
- Report any education loans, grants, scholarships or fellowships received from sources other than UT Dallas
- Not engage in the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession or use of a controlled substance
- Attend class on a regular basis and to make normal progress toward graduation (repeated withdrawals from courses will jeopardize your eligibility to receive financial assistance)
- Repay all educational loans according to the promissory note you signed.
- Complete an exit interview with the Bursar’s Office if you have received funding through the Federal Perkins Loan program.
- Complete an exit interview on-line at www.nslds.ed.gov if you received a Stafford Loan while attending UT Dallas