Veteran's Affairs

If you have any questions that are not answered here, try our Frequently Asked Questions area.

Requesting VA Certification at UT Dallas

For questions regarding the certification process at UT Dallas, please contact Kimberly Bomnskie at or by phone at 972-883-4020.

How you go about requesting certification at UTD depends on your individual situation, please select which item pertains to you:

Requesting a Parent Institution Letter

If you are a current student at The University of Texas at Dallas who wishes to take coursework at another school, you must obtain a Parent Institution Letter (PIL) from our office.  In order for our office to send this letter on your behalf, the coursework you are enrolled in at the secondary school must be a) transferrable to UT Dallas and b) satisfy a required course for your degree here.

You must do two things in order to obtain a PIL :

  1. Request a parent institution letter be sent to the school on your behalf.  this request should include:
    • A copy of your registration summary at your secondary school.
    • The contact person who should receive the parent instituation letter at the other school.
    • You may email this information to
  2. Follow up with your other school to verify that you have submitted any additional documenation they may require.  The other school is responsible for certifying your coursework at their institution to the VA
Department of Veteran's Affairs Contacts

GI Bill Information Line


GI Bill Enrollment Verification Line


VA Web Site

Federal VA Benefits


For inquiries regarding your federal VA benefits, please reach out to Kimberly Bomnskie via email at or by phone at 972-883-4020.  Her office is located in the Student Services Building (SSB) as part of the Office of Financial Aid.


The Hazlewood Tuition Exemption


The Office of Financial Aid also administers the Hazlewood Act Exemption program.  Information regarding eligibility requirements for this tuition exemption can be found on our Hazlewood website and the Texas Veterans Commission website.  If you have questions about benefits at UT Dallas or the processing of your exemption application m may contact us at

Updated: June 1, 2015